Monday 8 June 2009

Doyle's Cafe and Deli

Good Monday morning so far! Nipped out for some bin bags and ended up buying lunch to go from my local cafe and deli.(Cupboards are very bare in my house, no time to shop!) Came home and immediately ate the Paradise Slice with my morning coffee sitting in the garden. There are no words.....well, plenty obviously, but it was a fine piece of cake, Cherry Tart, sorry you weren't here!. Moist and juicy and full of cherries and such like with sugar on top. The cafe is delightful and service impeccable. Exactly the kind of place Cherry Tart and I are tracking down so relentlessly. More on this to come but if I tell you that their lemon drizzle cake and chocolate rum cake are also divine and at Christmas time they sold the best truffles I have ever tasted....Well worth a review I think. One of my personal best in Scotland and in a gorgeous rural setting. More on this to come and watch out for pictures. Sometimes I think I have the best job in the world....

Crystallized Violet

1 comment:

  1. Morning Violet!
    Where is this great place? I havent tasted paradise slices since primary school days and your blog brought back happy memories of a lovely taste.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete